1. 256AmateurTraveler.mp3 (played 88 times)
2. 255AmateurTraveler.mp3 (played 86 times)
3. 254AmateurTraveler.mp3 (played 92 times)
4. 253AmateurTraveler.mp3 (played 85 times)
5. 252AmateurTraveler.mp3 (played 81 times)
6. 251AmateurTraveler.mp3 (played 85 times)
7. 250AmateurTraveler.mp3 (played 75 times)
8. 249AmateurTraveler.mp3 (played 88 times)
9. 248AmateurTraveler.mp3 (played 85 times)
10. 247AmateurTraveler.mp3 (played 94 times)
11. 246AmateurTraveler.mp3 (played 86 times)
12. 245AmateurTraveler.mp3 (played 76 times)
13. 244AmateurTraveler.mp3 (played 83 times)
14. 243AmateurTraveler.mp3 (played 83 times)
15. 242AmateurTraveler.mp3 (played 111 times)
16. 241AmateurTraveler.mp3 (played 85 times)
17. 240AmateurTraveler.mp3 (played 80 times)
18. 239AmateurTraveler.mp3 (played 82 times)
19. 238AmateurTraveler.mp3 (played 90 times)
20. 237AmateurTraveler.mp3 (played 90 times)
21. 236AmateurTraveler.mp3 (played 88 times)
22. 235AmateurTraveler.mp3 (played 84 times)
23. 257AmateurTraveler.mp3 (played 56 times)
24. 258AmateurTraveler.mp3 (played 57 times)
25. 259AmateurTraveler_-_Pittsburgh.mp3 (played 50 times)
26. 260AmateurTraveler.mp3 (played 59 times)
27. 261AmateurTraveler.mp3 (played 57 times)
28. 262AmateurTraveler.mp3 (played 72 times)
29. 263AmateurTraveler.mp3 (played 55 times)
30. 264AmateurTraveler.mp3 (played 53 times)
31. 265AmateurTraveler.mp3 (played 54 times)
32. 266AmateurTraveler.mp3 (played 58 times)
33. 267AmateurTraveler.mp3 (played 60 times)
34. 268AmateurTraveler.mp3 (played 53 times)
35. 269AmateurTraveler.mp3 (played 50 times)
36. 270AmateurTraveler.mp3 (played 45 times)
37. 271AmateurTraveler.mp3 (played 54 times)
38. 272AmateurTraveler.mp3 (played 55 times)
39. 273AmateurTraveler.mp3 (played 50 times)
40. 274AmateurTraveler.mp3 (played 51 times)
AT#410 - Travel to Indonesia and the Island of Komodo
Hear about travel to Indonesia as the Amateur Traveler talks to repeat guest Chris Willis about his trip to Indonesia. The main objective of Chris’s trip was to photograph Komodo dragons in the wild. Komodo dragons live on 2-3 islands which are not near any airport so getting there is half the experience.
AT#409 - Travel to Mobile, Alabama
Hear about travel to Mobile, Alabama as the Amateur Traveler talks to Carla Rountree from theinconsistentnomad.com about her home state. There are beautiful beaches. It is an area that was founded in the early 1700s so there is lots of culture, lots of history and it is even the area where Mardi Gras actually started in the USA.
AT#408 - Travel to Sudan
Hear about travel to Sudan as the Amateur Traveler talks to Nicholas Bori of the I Quit project about his journey through that remote African country. Nicholas visited Sudan on an overlanding truck that traversed Africa from south to north.
AT#407 - Travel to Montana
Hear about travel to Montana as the Amateur Traveler talks to Donna Hull from MyItchyTravelFeet.com. Donna and her husband visited Montana in 2001 as part of a National Park tour and fell in love with the Big Sky state. Finally in 2010 they moved to the Bitterroot Valley of Montana, the so called “banana belt” of Montana. They had planned to live there only in the Summer but did not want to leave when the end of Summer came.
AT#406 - Travel to the Russian Far East
Hear about travel to the Russian Far East as the Amateur Traveler talks to freelance travel journalist Robert Reid about his numerous journeys to this remote part of Russia. Robert does not describe a country that is easy to see or necessarily always approachable, but one that can still be seductive. Learn why Robert has “Russia Love”.
AT#405 - Travel to The Pantanal, Brazil
Hear about travel to The Pantanal in Brazil as the Amateur Traveler talks to Daisy about her recent trip to this vast wetlands area. The Pantanal is south of the Amazon in Eastern Brazil and also extends into Bolivia and Paraguay.
“The Pantanal is a basin that is the world’s largest wetlands. It is about ten times the size of the Everglades. It’s really a great site to see wildlife.” The Pantanal is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
AT#404 - Travel to Southern Alberta in Canada
Hear about travel to Southern Alberta as the Amateur Traveler talks to Karl Andrews from Calgary about travel to his home province. The Canadian Rockies, Kananaskis Country, Waterton Park, Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump, The Calgary Stampede, and Dinosaurs.
AT#403 - Travel to the Island of Socotra and Yemen
Hear about travel to the Island of Socotra and Yemen as the Amateur Traveler talks to Earl from WanderingEarl.com about a visit to this isolated island best known for its production of frankincense. The island is quite isolated and a third of its plant life is found nowhere else on the planet. With trees like the umbrella-shaped dragon’s blood tree it has been described as the most alien-looking place on Earth.
AT#402- Travel to the Windward Islands of the Lesser Antilles in the Caribbean
Hear about travel to the Windward Islands of the Lesser Antilles in the Caribbean as the Amateur Traveler talks to Gary Arndt about his journey to visit many of the islands in the Caribbean on a single trip. In this episode we talk about Dominica, Martinique, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Grenada, Barbados, and Trinidad. This episode is a continuation of episode 386 which talked about the Leeward Islands.
AT#401 - Travel to Vieques, Puerto Rico
Hear about travel to the island of Vieques off Puerto Rico as the Amateur Traveler talks to Ira Winston from Philadelphia about his recent trip there. Vieques is an island thais 8 miles off the coast of Puerto Rico.
AT#400 - Travel to Panama
Hear about travel to Panama as the Amateur Traveler talks to Chaundra from London about her recent trip to that country. She spent a week in Panama before a SilverSeas Silver Explorer cruise in the area to see wildlife. As part of the cruise they visited the Pearl Islands as well as the Darien Gap. On their own they visited Panama City, the Old Panama City, Casco Viejo, Fort Sherman, Colon and Soberania and Chagres National Parks.
AT#399 Travel to Flanders in Belgium
Hear about travel to Flanders in Belgium from the Amateur Traveler. I recently traveled to 5 cities in Belgium: Antwerp, Ghent, Ieper, Bruges and Brussels. Each of these historic cities is wonderfully picturesque, even on a grey November day.
AT#398 - Travel to New Jersey
Hear about travel to New Jersey as the Amateur Traveler alks to Lisa Luben about her home state. Lisa comes on the show to introduce us to the pretty parts of New Jersey that many people don't picture. The state is one quarter farmland and one quarter woodlands and filled with historic towns.
AT#397 - Travel to Morocco
Hear about travel to Morocco as the Amateur Traveler talks to Ralph Velasco about his recent photography tour of the country. Ralph tells us about some of his favorite cities in the country Chefchaouen and Essaouira in a trip that also included Tangier, Rabat, Casablanca, Marrakech, and Fes.