Thoughts from a Local Parish - Preached by Rev. Fr. Theodore Paraskevopoulos, these sermons are from St. Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church in Winnipeg, Canada.
1. is_2010-10-05.mp3 (played 19 times)
2. is_2010-09-27.mp3 (played 29 times)
3. is_2010-09-20.mp3 (played 22 times)
4. is_2010_09-13.mp3 (played 23 times)
5. is_2010-09-01.mp3 (played 19 times)
6. is_2010-08-23-10.mp3 (played 42 times)
7. is_2010-08-10.mp3 (played 20 times)
8. is_2010-08-06.mp3 (played 35 times)
9. is_2010-08-02.mp3 (played 30 times)
10. is_2010-07-25.mp3 (played 33 times)
11. is_2010-07-19.mp3 (played 35 times)
12. is_2010-13-10.mp3 (played 59 times)
13. is_2010-07-05.mp3 (played 38 times)
14. is_2010-06-21.mp3 (played 35 times)
15. is_2010-06-14.mp3 (played 39 times)
16. is_2010-06-08.mp3 (played 36 times)
17. is_2010-06-01.mp3 (played 20 times)
18. is_2010-05-24.mp3 (played 20 times)
19. is_2010-05-18.mp3 (played 23 times)
20. is_2010-05-10.mp3 (played 18 times)
21. is_2010-04-26.mp3 (played 25 times)
22. is_2010-04-19.mp3 (played 21 times)
23. is_2010-04-12.mp3 (played 24 times)
24. is_2010-04-05.mp3 (played 23 times)
25. is_2010-04-03.mp3 (played 18 times)
26. is_2010-04-02.mp3 (played 26 times)
27. is_2010-04-01.mp3 (played 27 times)
28. is_2010-03-31.mp3 (played 24 times)
29. is_2010-03-30.mp3 (played 45 times)
30. is_2010-03-29.mp3 (played 24 times)
31. is_2010-03-28.mp3 (played 20 times)
32. is_2010-03-27.mp3 (played 32 times)
33. is_2010-03-22.mp3 (played 19 times)
34. is_2010-03-15.mp3 (played 26 times)
35. is_2010-03-08.mp3 (played 28 times)
36. is_2010-03-06.mp3 (played 28 times)
37. is_2010-02-28.mp3 (played 25 times)
38. is_2010-02-14.mp3 (played 27 times)
39. is_2010-02-09.mp3 (played 27 times)
40. is_2010-01-18.mp3 (played 27 times)
Happiness or Joy?
Fr. Ted warns us that If we cannot distinguish between happiness and true spiritual joy, then there's a problem in our lives.
Fr. Ted reminds us that we cannot be true Christians if we do not forgive.
Bearing the Divine Light
Setting Us Free
Fr. Ted reminds us that true freedom is being a slave to God.
Orthodoxy for Protestants
Fr. Ted gives a crash course on Orthodoxy to 71 students from Canadian Mennonite University.
Fr. Ted explains how the Triodian prepares us to run the marathon of Great Lent.
Beginning Life in the Church
Fr. Ted connects the forty day blessing of newborn children to the Feast of the Presentation of the Lord in the Temple.
Fr. Ted explains that secularism is when we live according to how we want to live.
Fr. Ted addresses the belief that all Christian traditions are equally valid.
Fr. Ted explains why we should have our homes blessed every year.
Living the Mystery
Fr. Ted explains that the Incarnation cannot be learned, but it can be experienced.
Like Everyone Else
Fr. Ted reminds us that we are called to be different from everyone else.
We Get What We Give
Fr. Ted assures us that the more time we commit to our spiritual life, the more we will get out of it.
Poverty of the Soul
Fr. Ted reminds us that confession is a reconciliation.
Being a Light to the World
Fr. Ted reminds us that we must be a spiritual light to our children.
Be the Light
Sbdn. Alex Younes delivers the keynote address at Youth Sunday at St. Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church. Sbdn. Alex is from the Antiochian Archdiocese and attends St. George Antiochian in Toronto
Fr. Ted explains that the way you can tell whether you are giving out of love is to look at the type of giving that you do.
The Gospel of Love
Fr. Ted explains how the gospel of love is lived out in our lives today and how it was lived out in the past.
A Ten Billion Dollar Falsehood
Fr. Evan Maximiuk from the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Canada (UOCC) is the guest speaker at this year's Hallelujah Night (Halloween alternative event).
Fighting the Giant
Fr. Gregory Scratch is the guest speaker at the Vespers of the Feast of St. Demetrios.
Fr. Ted challenges us to ask ourselves to whom are we listening. We cannot serve two masters.
Fr. Ted addresses the trend in Canada to not go to church on Thanksgiving.
Ready to Listen
Fr. Ted reminds us that Christ comes to those who are in the direst need and at the most humble moment of their lives.
A Separate People
Fr. Ted reminds us that those who call themselves Christian should not act like other people.
The Cross Today
Fr. Ted explains that the cross teaches us humility and how our relationship with God is supposed to be.