Thoughts from a Local Parish - Preached by Rev. Fr. Theodore Paraskevopoulos, these sermons are from St. Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church in Winnipeg, Canada.
1. is_2010-10-05.mp3 (played 18 times)
2. is_2010-09-27.mp3 (played 28 times)
3. is_2010-09-20.mp3 (played 21 times)
4. is_2010_09-13.mp3 (played 22 times)
5. is_2010-09-01.mp3 (played 18 times)
6. is_2010-08-23-10.mp3 (played 41 times)
7. is_2010-08-10.mp3 (played 19 times)
8. is_2010-08-06.mp3 (played 34 times)
9. is_2010-08-02.mp3 (played 29 times)
10. is_2010-07-25.mp3 (played 32 times)
11. is_2010-07-19.mp3 (played 34 times)
12. is_2010-13-10.mp3 (played 58 times)
13. is_2010-07-05.mp3 (played 37 times)
14. is_2010-06-21.mp3 (played 34 times)
15. is_2010-06-14.mp3 (played 38 times)
16. is_2010-06-08.mp3 (played 35 times)
17. is_2010-06-01.mp3 (played 19 times)
18. is_2010-05-24.mp3 (played 20 times)
19. is_2010-05-18.mp3 (played 22 times)
20. is_2010-05-10.mp3 (played 17 times)
21. is_2010-04-26.mp3 (played 24 times)
22. is_2010-04-19.mp3 (played 20 times)
23. is_2010-04-12.mp3 (played 23 times)
24. is_2010-04-05.mp3 (played 22 times)
25. is_2010-04-03.mp3 (played 17 times)
26. is_2010-04-02.mp3 (played 25 times)
27. is_2010-04-01.mp3 (played 26 times)
28. is_2010-03-31.mp3 (played 23 times)
29. is_2010-03-30.mp3 (played 44 times)
30. is_2010-03-29.mp3 (played 23 times)
31. is_2010-03-28.mp3 (played 19 times)
32. is_2010-03-27.mp3 (played 31 times)
33. is_2010-03-22.mp3 (played 18 times)
34. is_2010-03-15.mp3 (played 25 times)
35. is_2010-03-08.mp3 (played 27 times)
36. is_2010-03-06.mp3 (played 27 times)
37. is_2010-02-28.mp3 (played 24 times)
38. is_2010-02-14.mp3 (played 26 times)
39. is_2010-02-09.mp3 (played 26 times)
40. is_2010-01-18.mp3 (played 26 times)
Poverty of the Soul
Fr. Ted reminds us that confession is a reconciliation.
Being a Light to the World
Fr. Ted reminds us that we must be a spiritual light to our children.
Be the Light
Sbdn. Alex Younes delivers the keynote address at Youth Sunday at St. Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church. Sbdn. Alex is from the Antiochian Archdiocese and attends St. George Antiochian in Toronto
Fr. Ted explains that the way you can tell whether you are giving out of love is to look at the type of giving that you do.
The Gospel of Love
Fr. Ted explains how the gospel of love is lived out in our lives today and how it was lived out in the past.
A Ten Billion Dollar Falsehood
Fr. Evan Maximiuk from the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Canada (UOCC) is the guest speaker at this year's Hallelujah Night (Halloween alternative event).
Fighting the Giant
Fr. Gregory Scratch is the guest speaker at the Vespers of the Feast of St. Demetrios.
Fr. Ted challenges us to ask ourselves to whom are we listening. We cannot serve two masters.
Fr. Ted addresses the trend in Canada to not go to church on Thanksgiving.
Ready to Listen
Fr. Ted reminds us that Christ comes to those who are in the direst need and at the most humble moment of their lives.
A Separate People
Fr. Ted reminds us that those who call themselves Christian should not act like other people.
The Cross Today
Fr. Ted explains that the cross teaches us humility and how our relationship with God is supposed to be.
Its Not How You Arrive; Its How You Leave
Fr. Ted explains why we celebrate saints on the days of their deaths.
Fr. Ted distinguishes big "T" traditions from small "t" ones.
Christ in Our Hearts
Fr. Ted reminds us that our relationship with God has to be our first priority.
Fr. Ted shares his homily from the Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ.
Finding Your Calling
Fr. Ted explains that finding your calling is a process of discovering who you truly arewho God made you to be.
The Sign of Jonah
Fr. Ted explains what the story of Jonah has to do with the Resurrection of Christ.
Be the Light of the World
Metropolitan Sotirios of Canada gives the homily at St. Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church in Winnipeg.
Everything About Youth: The Lost Generation
Fr. Ted speaks at the Biennial Clergy Laity Conference for the Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Canada in Vancouver.
The Dwelling of the Spirit
Fr. Ted reminds us that It is impossible for us to be Christians without the Holy Spirit.
Fr. Ted reminds us of the deep connections between the Old and New Testaments and then shares some of the prophecies that were fulfilled by the healing of the blind man.
Fr. Ted shares his Paschal homily. Christ is risen!
Avoiding the Passion
Fr. Ted shares his homily from Great and Holy Thursday.
Recognizing the True Messiah
Fr. Ted reminds us that Palm Sunday is actually a tragic event because the people recognize the Messiah not as He is, but as they want him to be.